BYU–Hawaii Mission and Vision
The mission of Brigham Young University–Hawaii is to integrate both spiritual and secular learning, and to prepare students with character and integrity who can provide leadership in their families, their communities, their chosen fields, and in building the kingdom of God.
Learn, Lead, Build
Integrate spiritual and secular learning to provide a foundation for a lifetime of learning.
Assist young men and young women in developing character and integrity so they can provide leadership in all aspects of their lives.
Provide a significant group of faithful and committed church leaders who will assist in building the kingdom, particularly in the Pacific and Asia.
Brigham Young University–Hawaii, founded by prophets and operated by The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, exists to assist individuals in their quest for perfection and eternal life and in their efforts to influence the establishment of peace internationally.
We seek to accomplish this by:
- Educating the minds and spirits of students within an intercultural, gospel-centered environment and curriculum that increases faith in God and the restored gospel, is intellectually enlarging, is character building, and leads to a life of learning and service.
- Preparing men and women with the intercultural and leadership skills necessary to promote world peace and international brotherhood, to address world problems, and to be a righteous influence in families, professions, civic responsibilities, social affiliations, and in the Church.
- Extending the blessings of learning to members of the Church, particularly in Asia and the Pacific.
- Developing friends for the university and the Church.
- Maintaining a commitment to operational efficiency and continuous improvement.