- 2015 – Initiated into Phi Kappa Phi academic honor society
- 2012-Present – Associate Professor, Department of Natural Sciences, Brigham Young University Hawaii, Laie, Hawaii
- 2007-2012 – Assistant Professor, Department of Geology, Brigham Young University-Idaho, Rexburg, Idaho
- 2004-2007 – Assistant Professor, Department of Geology, United Arab Emirates University, Al Ain, United Arab Emirates
- 2001 – Scientific Crew Member, G.L.I.M.P.S.E. Research Cruise, R/V Melville, South Pacific
- 1999-2004 – Ph.D., Oceanography, University of Rhode Island Graduate School of Oceanography, Narragansett, Rhode Island
- 1997 – Link Foundation Intern, Harbor Branch Oceanographic Institution, Ft. Pierce, Florida
- 1994-1999 – B.S. (University Honors), Geology (minor in Physics), Brigham Young University, Provo, Utah
Correlation of volcanic deposits with their sources using geochemical and geographic tracers.
- Documenting coastal change near Laie, Hawaii.
- Using Microdrones/UAVs for geologic and oceanographic fieldwork.
Fall 2015 – Steven Speakman, “Analysis of Bacteria Found in the Kazumura Lava Tube System, Hawaii, U.S.A.”
Spring 2015 – Zachary Kenworthy, "Correlation of a Cenozoic Ash Bed in Eastern Utah"
Fall 2013 – Serena Smith, "Sedimentation of Laie Bay, Oahu, Hawaii"
- GE 120 – Scientific Reasoning
- GE 120 Online – Scientific Reasoning
- PHSC 100 – Principles of Physical Science
- PHSC 100 Online – Principles of Physical Science
- GEOL 105 – Geology of the Pacific
- GEOL 105H – Honors Geology of the Pacific
- OCEN 201 – Oceanography and Marine Science
- BIOL 492 – Scientific Writing
Jordan, B.R., 2015, A bird's-eye view of geology: the use of micro drones/UAVs in geologic fieldwork and education, GSA Today, V. 25, p. 42-43.
Jordan, B.R., "God, Our Heavenly Father," BYU–Hawaii Campus Devotional, 3 February 2015.
Jordan, B. R., 2012, Geotrekking in Southeast Arabia: A Guide to Locations of World-Class Geology, American Geophysical Union, Washington, DC, 221 p.
Howari, F. M., Jordan, B. R., Bouhouche, N., and Wyllie-Echeverria, S., 2009, Field and remote sensing of mangrove forests and seagrass beds in the northwestern part of the United Arab Emirates, Journal of Coastal Research, v. 25, p. 48-56.
Jordan, B. R., Fowler, A., Mahmoud, B. E. D., El-Saiy, A., and Abdelghanny, O., 2008, Peperites and associated pillow lavas subjacent to the Oman Ophiolite, Journal of Volcanology and Geothermal Research, v. 173, p. 303-312.
Jordan, B. R., 2008, Tsunamis of the Arabian Peninsula – a guide of historic events, Science of Tsunami Hazards, v. 27, n. 1, p. 31-46.
Jordan, Benjamin R., 2007, Geologic Features of the United Arab Emirates, UAEU Department of Geology and UAEU Publications Department, Al Ain, UAE, 112 pages.
Jordan, B. R., Sigurdsson, H., Carey, S., Lundin, S., Rogers, R., Singer, B., and Barquero-Molina, M., 2007, Petrogenesis of Central American Tertiary ignimbrites and associated Caribbean Sea tephra, in Mann, P., 2007, Geologic and Tectonic Development of the Caribbean Plate in Northern Central America, Geological Society of America Special Paper 428, p. 151-179.
Jordan, B. R., Sigurdsson, H., Carey, S., Rogers, R., and Ehrenborg, J., 2007, Geochemical variation along and across the Central American Miocene paleoarc in Honduras and Nicaragua, Geochimica et Cosmochimica Acta, v. 71, p. 3581-3591.
Jordan, B. R., Sigurdsson, H., Carey, S., Rogers, R., and Ehrenborg, J., 2006, Geochemical correlation of Caribbean Sea tephra layers with ignimbrites in Central America, in Siebe, C., Macías, J. L., and Aguirre-Díaz, G. J. (Eds.), 2006, Neogene-Quaternary continental margin volcanism: A perspective from Mexico, Geological Society of America Special Paper 402, p. 161-194.