- 2022 to present – Dean, Faculty of Sciences, Brigham Young University-Hawaii, Laie, Hawaii
- 2018 to present – Professor, Faculty of Sciences, Brigham Young University-Hawaii, Laie, Hawaii
- 2019 – Nominated to the scientific research society, Sigma Xi.
- 2018-2019 – Lecturer, Institute for Shipboard Education (Semester at Sea program)
- 2015 – Initiated into Phi Kappa Phi academic honor society
- 2012-2018 – Associate Professor, Department of Natural Sciences, Brigham Young University-Hawaii, Laie, Hawaii
- 2007-2012 – Assistant Professor, Department of Geology, Brigham Young University-Idaho, Rexburg, Idaho
- 2004-2007 – Assistant Professor, Department of Geology, United Arab Emirates University, Al Ain, United Arab Emirates
- 2001 – Scientific Crew Member, G.L.I.M.P.S.E. Research Cruise, R/V Melville, South Pacific
- 1999-2004 – Ph.D., Oceanography, University of Rhode Island Graduate School of Oceanography, Narragansett, Rhode Island
- 1997 – Link Foundation Intern, Harbor Branch Oceanographic Institution, Ft. Pierce, Florida
- 1994-1999 – B.S. (University Honors), Geology (minor in Physics), Brigham Young University, Provo, Utah
- Correlation of volcanic deposits with their sources using geochemical and geographic tracers
- Field research and education using sUAS (drones)
- General volcanic processes
- Correlation and petrogenesis of volcanic rocks
- Coastal processes along Oahu Island's North Shore
- Maritime history and archaeology
- ASTR 104 – Principles of Astronomy
- PHSC 100 – Principles of Physical Science (Online)
- GEOL 105 – Geology of the Pacific
- GEOL 106 – Field Geology of Hawaii
- OCEN 201 – Oceanography and Marine Science
Jordan, B., Brown, K., and Lichtenwalner, S., 2021, Lab 3 – Geology – Plate Tectonics and the Seafloor, in Bristol, D.L. and Pfeiffer-Herbert, A. (Eds.), Ocean Data Labs: Exploring the Ocean with OOI Data – Online Laboratory Manual. 2nd edition. Rutgers, The State University of New Jersey.
Brown, K., Jordan, B., and Lichtenwalner, S., 2021, Lab 4 – Geology – Sea Floor Changes in a Volcanically Active Setting, in Bristol, D.L. and Pfeiffer-Herbert, A. (Eds.), Ocean Data Labs: Exploring the Ocean with OOI Data – Online Laboratory Manual. 2nd edition. Rutgers, The State University of New Jersey.
Jordan, B. R., 2021, Water, Wind, and Earth: The Science of Oceanography 2nd Edition, Kendall Hunt Publishing, 500 pages. ISBN: 9781792484223
Jordan, B. R., 2021, Intermittent but rapid changes to coastal landscapes: the tsunami- and El Niño wave-formed sea arch at Laie Point, Oahu, Hawaii, U.S.A., Geosciences, v. 11, p. 147 (13 pages). DOI: 10.3390/geosciences11030147
Jordan, B. R., 2019, Collecting field data in volcanic landscapes using small UAS(sUAS)/drones, Journal of Volcanology and Geothermal Research. DOI: 10.1016/j.jvolgeores.2019.07.006
Jordan, B. R., Yancey, T. E., Heinrich, P. V., Miller, B. V., and McGuire, K., 2019, The age and geochemistry of volcanic ash in the Catahoula Formation of Louisiana, Mississippi and Texas, USA, The Journal of Geology, v. 127, n. 2, p. 207-222. DOI: 10.1086/701677
Jordan, B. R., 2018, Sugar in the Sea: The History of Lai’e Pier at Pounders Beach, Lai’e, Hawai’i, U.S.A as a Unique Example of Structures that Supported Late Nineteenth Century Hawai’ian Inter-island Steamboat Shipping, Journal of Maritime Archaeology, v. 14, n. 1, p. 29-41. DOI: 10.1007/s11457-018-9222-2
Jordan, B. R., and Aston, W. P., 2018, The geology of Moroni’s stone box: examining the setting and resources of Palmyra, Interpreter: A Journal of Latter-day Saint Faith and Scholarship, v. 30, p. 233-252.
Jordan, B.R., 2015, A bird's-eye view of geology: the use of micro drones/UAVs in geologic fieldwork and education, GSA Today, V. 25, p. 42-43. Jordan, B.R., "God, Our Heavenly Father," BYU–Hawaii Campus Devotional, 3 February 2015.
Jordan, B. R., 2012, Geotrekking in Southeast Arabia: A Guide to Locations of World-Class Geology, American Geophysical Union, Washington, DC, 221 p.
Howari, F. M., Jordan, B. R., Bouhouche, N., and Wyllie-Echeverria, S., 2009, Field and remote sensing of mangrove forests and seagrass beds in the northwestern part of the United Arab Emirates, Journal of Coastal Research, v. 25, p. 48-56.
Jordan, B. R., Fowler, A., Mahmoud, B. E. D., El-Saiy, A., and Abdelghanny, O., 2008, Peperites and associated pillow lavas subjacent to the Oman Ophiolite, Journal of Volcanology and Geothermal Research, v. 173, p. 303-312.
Jordan, B. R., 2008, Tsunamis of the Arabian Peninsula – a guide of historic events, Science of Tsunami Hazards, v. 27, n. 1, p. 31-46.
Jordan, Benjamin R., 2007, Geologic Features of the United Arab Emirates, UAEU Department of Geology and UAEU Publications Department, Al Ain, UAE, 112 pages.
Jordan, B. R., Sigurdsson, H., Carey, S., Lundin, S., Rogers, R., Singer, B., and Barquero-Molina, M., 2007, Petrogenesis of Central American Tertiary ignimbrites and associated Caribbean Sea tephra, in Mann, P., 2007, Geologic and Tectonic Development of the Caribbean Plate in Northern Central America, Geological Society of America Special Paper 428, p. 151-179.
Jordan, B. R., Sigurdsson, H., Carey, S., Rogers, R., and Ehrenborg, J., 2007, Geochemical variation along and across the Central American Miocene paleoarc in Honduras and Nicaragua, Geochimica et Cosmochimica Acta, v. 71, p. 3581-3591.
Jordan, B. R., Sigurdsson, H., Carey, S., Rogers, R., and Ehrenborg, J., 2006, Geochemical correlation of Caribbean Sea tephra layers with ignimbrites in Central America, in Siebe, C., Macías, J. L., and Aguirre-Díaz, G. J. (Eds.), 2006, Neogene-Quaternary continental margin volcanism: A perspective from Mexico, Geological Society of America Special Paper 402, p. 161-194.
Jordan, Benjamin R., 2003, Volcanic destruction in the Book of Mormon: Possible evidence from ice cores, Journal of Book of Mormon Studies, v.12, n. 1, p. 78-87.