Maurice joined BYU–Hawaii in February 2017. He has a passion for serving the youth of Zion and thoroughly enjoys extending the blessings of learning to members of the Church, particularly in Asia and the Pacific. Prior to joining BYU–Hawaii, Maurice worked as a private wealth advisor for several global wealth management banks.
Born and raised in Laie, Hawaii, Maurice served as a missionary for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints in Tokyo, Japan. During his free time, he enjoys surfing, golfing, and spending time with his family. He and his wife, Mama’o Haunga, are the parents of five children.
Areas of Responsibility
- Asia North Area: Japan, Korea, Mongolia, Guam, Micronesia
- Asia Area: India, Cambodia, Vietnam, Sri Lanka Myanmar, Nepal, China
- Pacific Area: French Polynesia (Tahiti, Tuamotus, Marquesas, New Caledonia), and Kiribati
- Brigham Young University
- Bachelor of Arts (B.A.) in international relations
- Minor in Japanese language
- University of Alabama
- Master of Arts (M.A.) in higher education administration (in progress)